The development of electric fencing tape radically transformed the concept of horse containment.
HorseGuard is the original electric tape fencing system with proven durability of 20 years.
Sold direct via our online stores at factory pricing and shipped throughout Canada, this Bi-Polar fence tape system is fully effective in snowy, icy or very dry soil conditions – without the need for a problematic ground rod! This is the all-season fencing solution for all weather conditions, which provides an effective VISUAL, MENTAL and PHYSICAL barrier respected by the horse.
The world’s leading choice of horse fence was designed by a horse breeder and developed at LA SANGLIERE. Manufactured to maximize safety, the ORIGINAL tape fencing system delivers security for horses and peace of mind for their owners.
Presented at the famous Paris Horse Show in 1985, HorseGuard won 3 of the 12 awards given:
BEST TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT
BEST ORIGINAL IDEA
How Does it Work?
HorseGuard Bi-Polar electric tape fencing is an effective visual, mental and physical barrier powered by a low impedance fence charger strong enough to maintain a minimum of 4000 volts on the tape.
The top green edge of the tape is the positive connected to the (+) on your charger and the bottom edge is the negative connected to the (-) ground on your charger.
Zapping occurs when the horse makes contact with both edges of the tape.
Due to the bi-polarity of the tape (+/-), a ground rod is not required. Even in a sandy, snowy or rocky ground, the conductivity of your fence is assured in all weather conditions.
The Bi-Polar fencing system is your all season, all climate and all round fencing solution.
Since 1985 in France = Since 1987 in Europe = Since 1990 in the USA = Since 2005 in Australia = Since 2010 in Canada
- The HorseGuard electric fence tape was designed and developed by an experienced horse breeder with horse safety in mind.
- 34 years of intensive research and continuous improvements to our products have created a secure, aesthetic and reliable fence solution.
- Horses of all breeds, sizes and ages can be safely fenced.
- Sold directly on our online store at factory pricing.
- Fast delivery to your home or pick up from our Canadian warehouse.
- Proven successful and sustainable in extreme weather conditions around the world, from -40 ° C in Scandinavia to + 75 ° C in the Middle East.
- Can be installed with existing fencing, permanently or temporarily.
- Excellent conduction: 10 stainless steel wires of 26 Gauge/0.40 mm diameter in a 1.5″/4 cm wide tape.
- Durable – 30 strands of UV-resistant polyethylene of 0.50 mm diameter + 2 large bumpers of 0.80 mm diameter at the edges make our tape rigid (not very fragile like low quality copies) to increase efficiency and keep the tape from bruising.
- No detail overlooked: the tape is woven to reduce wind resistance; polyethylene is treated against UV rays; all metal parts are made of stainless steel to prevent rust (reducing conductivity) and the insulators are designed to protect it from wear.
- HorseGuard tape is strong and built to last. It withstands pressure up to 300 kilos (600 lbs).
- Our customer service provides free quotes, advice and installation tips.